Three Reasons for an Indoor Humidity Monitoring System:
Monitoring the humidity of an environment is a basic step in the overall preservation of the materials it holds. Too much humidity leads to condensation, which in turn can then lead to corrosion. Besides the obvious physical damage to the environment that corrosion causes, it also can cause electrical shorts and other secondary issues. In the same note, if there is too little humidity there can be a buildup of electrostatic charge, and increased static electricity that can cause issues with computers and electrical equipment also.
Mold can not only cause issues with physical health but your physical goods that are stored also. The key to eliminating mold is moisture control. Start by cleaning any existing mold issue, and then removing the source of moisture. From here, maintaining the relative humidity between 30% and 60% percent will control the mold so it does not ruin your business property is essential.
Humidity effects air and all materials that come into direct contact with that air. Manufacturing, storage, and testing processes are dependent upon having the right humidity. Materials that must be stored while not in use are vulnerable to damage from improper humidity. If moisture levels rise or fall outside of this range, sterility of any medical equipment stored can be compromised and not suited for use.
The best way to ensure correct humidity is a remote temperature monitoring system such as E-Control Systems.
Businesses that can Benefit from Humidity Monitoring
- Pharmacy – It is critical that a pharmacy is compliant with medication storage standards in order to ensure that all medications remain safe and effective.
- Winery – If a wine cellar gets too dry, the corks shrink, which loosens the seal, allows air in and oxidizes the wine. Conditions that are too humid are also a problem as it can lead to mold growth and unpleasant smells in the wine.
- Storage Facilities – People need to store a variety valuable things such as electronics, antiques, and artwork. Temperature and humidity monitoring options are a key selling point for a storage facility.
- Restaurants/Grocery – To keep food safe for future consumption, a food bank can benefit from monitoring both the humidity and the temperature.
- Nursery – When you have a variety of plants that come from different environments, you must have climate control in order for the plants to thrive.
Do humidity monitors work?
You can use humidity monitoring systems remotely with several devices. Here's how:
Fusion Live app for Apple iOS and Android: E-Control Systems' FusionLive™ app for Apple iOS and Android devices serves as the native client for the widely-used FusionLive™ web-based software. This application can be easily downloaded for free from the Apple App Store or the Android Marketplace. The interface has undergone a complete redesign, ensuring seamless functionality on any iOS or Android mobile device, including iPhone, iPad, and iTouch, facilitating remote humidity monitoring.
Cloud-Based Services: Customers no longer need to invest in, set up, or maintain their servers. E-Control Systems provides FusionLive™, a cloud-hosted solution that ensures secure storage of critical data. All data stored in the cloud can be accessed in real-time through any web browser or our innovative app, compatible with iOS Apple, and Android devices. The advantages of our cloud-based solution include data loss prevention due to system failures and minimal impact on your IT resources. You can conveniently access your data from anywhere, at any time. E-Control Systems offers a comprehensive solution with our Intelligent Sensors . Whether using our Wi-Fi sensors, ZigBee® sensors, IntelliCheck™ System, or a combination of these, all of your information will be safely stored in one location.
Here are some of the benefits:
- Operates on a modular system, allowing you to begin with a few sensors and expand as your operation grows.
- Liberates your business from the chore of manually logging critical data, which is essential for compliance with industry standards. This automation grants your team the freedom to concentrate on operations rather than data entry.
- Goes the extra mile by proactively issuing alerts before any critical failures. This early warning system empowers you to implement preventive measures, thereby preventing inventory loss and financial setbacks.
- Simplifies compliance and safeguards your resources while promoting operational efficiency.
- Tailored to accommodate your specific individual business requirements. You have the flexibility to establish distinct temperature ranges and determine the precise timing and recipients of alarms and notifications.
- Has the capability to accommodate an unlimited number of sensors.
What is the most accurate way to measure humidity?
The best way to measure the humidity at your business is by using our intelligent, flexible family of wireless sensors. Our IntelliSensors™ can monitor any aspect of your business 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and are what make E-Control Systems stand above others. Our battery-operated, wireless sensors can be installed anywhere and eliminate the inconvenience and costs associated with running cables.
E-Control System’s IntelliSense™ system is made up of smart, battery-operated wireless sensors that provide customers with the ability to monitor and report on many different types of equipment parameters.
Sensors: Each IntelliSensor™ is available using either the latest Wi-Fi technology or the 802.15.4 Zigbee® standard. Wi-Fi Sensors, ZigBee® sensors, or a combination of both may be used in a single solution. Each IntelliSensor™ is equipped with data logging capability that can store up to 45 days-worth of data internally. Our IntelliSensor™ is at the heart of the IntelliSense™ system with many different types and interfaces including:
Temperature: The IntelliSensor™ (model TempNTC-BIP) is a wireless temperature-measuring device with a built-in temperature sensor.
Built-in Temperature and Humidity: The IntelliSensor™ (model TempHum-BIP) is a wireless humidity and temperature measuring device with a built-in temperature and humidity sensor.
0-5 Volt: The IntelliSensor™ (model Analog 5V) is a wireless analog input voltage measuring device. Each model allows a different number of analog inputs to be monitored, giving the customer flexibility and a lower cost per monitoring point.
Contact Closure: Wireless Temperature and/or Contact Closure (IntelliSensor™ model TempNTC-22): This is a wireless temperature and contact closure measuring device (up to 4 inputs on one module) and a key component in the IntelliSense™ system. Each model allows a different combination of temperature and contact closure inputs, giving the customer flexibility and a lower cost per monitoring point.
We also have sensors for the following:
- Refrigerant Leaks
- Differential Pressure
- Compressor Runtime
What is the healthiest humidity level for a building?
The recommended healthy humidity level for a building is typically between 30% to 50%. This range helps prevent issues — like mold growth, dust mites, and respiratory problems — while still providing comfort.
What is the most accurate humidity sensor?
The remote Humidity and Temperature Sensor ( IntelliSensor™ model TempHum-BIP) is a wireless humidity and temperature measuring device with a built-in temperature and humidity sensor. You can also take a look at our other sensors here.
Where is the best place to put a humidity monitor?
The best place to put a humidity monitor for your place of business is in a central location, away from direct sources of moisture or heat. Ideally, it should be placed at about eye level and not too close to walls or corners, which can have different humidity levels. A central placement provides a more representative reading of the overall indoor humidity.
Is there a device to control humidity?
Both humidifiers and dehumidifiers come in various sizes and capacities to suit different room sizes and humidity control needs. Additionally, some HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) systems are equipped with built-in humidifiers or dehumidifiers to manage humidity levels. These methods help you maintain the proper humidity level at your business.
- Humidifiers: These devices add moisture to the air in dry environments. They are commonly used in winter when indoor heating systems can cause the air to become dry. Humidifiers come in various types, including cool mist, warm mist, and ultrasonic humidifiers.
- Dehumidifiers: Dehumidifiers maintain a comfortable and productive environment for businesses by regulating indoor humidity levels. Here are some key benefits they offer:
- Mold and Mildew Prevention: Dehumidifiers help control moisture, reducing the risk of mold and mildew growth. This is especially important in businesses where mold can damage products, equipment, or indoor air quality.
- Health and Comfort: Maintaining optimal humidity levels can improve indoor air quality and create a healthier workspace for employees and customers. Dehumidifiers reduce allergies, respiratory issues, and discomfort associated with excessive moisture.
- Equipment Protection: Excessive humidity can be harmful to sensitive equipment and machinery, potentially causing rust, corrosion, and electronic malfunctions. Dehumidifiers help safeguard valuable assets, and our sensors can monitor and alert you if there is an issue with humidity levels.
- Energy Efficiency: Dehumidifiers work in conjunction with HVAC systems, improving their efficiency. By removing excess moisture from the air, the HVAC system can operate more effectively, reducing energy costs.
- Productivity: Employees tend to be more productive in a comfortable and dry environment. Controlling humidity can contribute to a better working atmosphere.
- Inventory Preservation: For businesses with perishable goods or sensitive inventory, maintaining proper humidity levels prevents spoilage or damage.
- Compliance: Maintaining specific humidity levels is required for regulatory compliance in some industries, like pharmaceutical businesses or food storage.
Overall, dehumidifiers help businesses protect their assets, ensure the well-being of employees and customers, and maintain a conducive working environment. E-Control Systems helps you know quickly if the humidity levels are off or need to be adjusted one way or the other.
Explore Our Options