With the holidays coming up and schools being closed, here are a few tips to help you enjoy your holiday break without worrying about product loss.
With the holidays coming up and schools being closed, here are a few tips to help you enjoy your holiday break without worrying about product loss:
- Make sure all of your refrigerated cabinet doors are closed properly
- If there is excessive moisture building up in your cooler, it may mean that the door is not closing properly and/or the gasket needs to be replaced
- Clean condenser filters
- If you hear the condenser running more often and for longer than usual, have It checked out, as this could be a warning of equipment failure
- Inspect evaporator coils for any damage and make sure they are clean
- Make sure you keep the area around your evaporators and condensing units clear to ensure proper air flow
- Make sure temperature is where it should be. Fluctuations in temperature can be an indicator that something is not working properly
- Make sure the lights are off when exiting any walk-ins.Lights produce heat which will cause your unit to run more, in order to hold the optimal temperature
- When turning off power, make sure you are not shutting the power to the coolers/freezers
- If you have a temperature monitoring system, make sure that the proper people are set up to receive alerts, in case a temperature goes out of range
- Have a backup plan of where to store food, if you notice a cooler or freezer starting to fail
If you don’t have a temperature monitoring system, contact us to find out how simple it is to get your district online.You’ll be able to view your entire operation from anywhere, via computer, smart phone, or tablet.
Enjoy your holidays and rest assured knowing that We’re there safeguarding your product when you are not!